Screwed up Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MC153

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Hoe has been riding rough lately so I took a look at the front end and my mind was blown. One bump stop broke and is barely dangling on, both control arms are pushed against the bump stops, one torsion bar is cranked quite a bit, and for some reason somebody has been putting grease under the bump stops. Not to familiar with torsion bars and ifs since all I've had is older Chevys and fords. Can somebody tell me what's wrong? Sunlit I know you gotta know something. Pics:

CAM00125_zps051b43ea.jpg

CAM00124_zps9c94e538.jpg

CAM00123_zpsfad37fea.jpg

Dowsewashere

Reaction score
How old are your shocks? I dont have bump stops front or rear. My suspensions decent for a 5klb truck

OP
OP
MC153

MC153

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How old are your shocks? I dont have bump stops front or rear. My suspensions decent for a 5klb truck

Apparently too old. Just took one off and pressed it down. Wouldn't spring back up. I'm guessing that's the problem. Gonna get new Skyjackers and poly bump stops next week. Hopefully that's all that's wrong.

OP
OP
MC153

MC153

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got Pro Comp ES9000s for the front. Fixed the problem. They're ok but really stiff since they're off road shocks. Will post new pics later. Kinda wondering why this thread got moved to street suspension since this is more of an off road truck but oh well.

saif najd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahah thats good to hear. I know mine are pretty new bilsteins.

Good to know you solve it,

Could you please guide my?

Why bilstins (4600 comfort) or pro comp??

My use 70% on mid to bad road conditions + 30% off road

Kyle7R

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My '05 is basically doing the same thing. I'm hoping it wasn't the tbars being worn completely out. Looks like new shocks will be my first attempt to correct it.