save up and fix it or shoot it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kickitandholdit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got a 4X4 Mazda b2600 with 200000miles and the motor dropped a valve and went through a piston "in front of advance auto parts" the other day. and the machine shop said the whole 9 yards done to the motor was around $2000. and a junk yard motor was like $600. but i want things done right. do i save up and fix it or tell it good by and sell itGetAttachmentaspx-1.jpg

Last edited:

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Sell it, too much risk of serious financial loss if not!

OP
OP
kickitandholdit

kickitandholdit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sell it, too much risk of serious financial loss if not!

yea thats what i was thinking. if i was older and had $ i would defiantly fix it cause its a great little truck and i hate to get rid of it im just going off to college so i dont exactly have a build up of $

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
is that the original bed? looks like a 2200 bed for some reason.

Otherwise I'd say part the sucker, the fenders, hood, and bed are very desired upgrades for the chopped and channeled crowd. they're worth as much as the non running truck is whole.

If it is a replacement bed, then sell it as a whole, or just hang on to it until summer, when time is more plentiful and Dads/teens are looking for projects.

Remember, if you figure out which bellhousing it is, you can look in mighty maxs and starions for the 2.6.

I still want a Plymouth Arrow, 82 Toyota, Mazda B2000, or a 720 XCab w/ z24. I like em old school. :)

Chucktown Mako

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tough choice. I had a B2200 in High School for a short time, before I blew the motor. I wasn't used to 4 bangers at the time. I replaced the motor and sold it. Wish I hadn't after. Gas mileage was awesome! Only 4cyl I ever owned.
Either keep it or part it out!

OP
OP
kickitandholdit

kickitandholdit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much for it?

idk where to start, i just saw one of these that was just a parts truck for a 1000.

any reasonable offer would probably get it to tell you the truth

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

is that the original bed? looks like a 2200 bed for some reason.

Otherwise I'd say part the sucker, the fenders, hood, and bed are very desired upgrades for the chopped and channeled crowd. they're worth as much as the non running truck is whole.

If it is a replacement bed, then sell it as a whole, or just hang on to it until summer, when time is more plentiful and Dads/teens are looking for projects.

Remember, if you figure out which bellhousing it is, you can look in mighty maxs and starions for the 2.6.

I still want a Plymouth Arrow, 82 Toyota, Mazda B2000, or a 720 XCab w/ z24. I like em old school. :)

yea i have already had a few people try to buy parts off of me when i took it to the shop to get a quote i told them i wasnt sure what i was gonna do with it yet. i know when i get older and bored ill end up with another. and as far as i know its the original bed. it was owned by a Georgia State Patrol and all he did was use it on highway cause they get good MPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
kickitandholdit

kickitandholdit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the replies!

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

you introduce it to your hoe and make some nice babies with it

haha a mazda 5.3 vtec with a light bar :D

---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

haha if i dont get made an offer looks like i have plenty of body parts tranny transfercase WEBBER CARB AND BRAND NEW STARTER and front and rear ends and 32/11.50/15 mud terrains and a block for sell. and probably a piston that looks really cool :D and sorry to burst someones bubble i accidentally messed up the ugly ass mud flaps when i took them of so i cant sell those LOL

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skywagon