Same question I ask to myself should I gotten Denali over a Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, it’s better, you at least mentioned $50k. I’ll take that :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah. The real point, as you mentioned, is that this is a vehicle that starts in the $40’s, even though you can option it all the way up to $80k. And people need to realize that when comparing it to high end vehicles that start in the $70’s etc.

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think Toyota has the market share to design a replacement 'Large SUV' They are a smart company and they are watching Ford smash themselves on the shores of no *********** with the NavExp. Other than the intial surge of buyers (leasers really) they have returned to their normal sales postions. As we are all very much aware GM dominates this segment like no other and Toyota may not have the will to move it forward. I think they would rather push their Highlander which unlike the Sequoia can be sold much easier to different markets.
You're probably right about Toyota allocating resources behind the Highlander. In Colorado we happen to see more 4Runners than Highlanders, though I think that is a regional thing.

Personally I'd welcome a new Sequoia into the fray, as long as Toyota made it a little more athletic looking than the current one, which comes off as a cargo barge. The previous model was much more attractive.

I'd like to see what Ram could do with an SUV based on their current truck line as well. Wonderful interiors.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're probably right about Toyota allocating resources behind the Highlander. In Colorado we happen to see more 4Runners than Highlanders, though I think that is a regional thing.

Personally I'd welcome a new Sequoia into the fray, as long as Toyota made it a little more athletic looking than the current one, which comes off as a cargo barge. The previous model was much more attractive.

I'd like to see what Ram could do with an SUV based on their current truck line as well. Wonderful interiors.

Toyota interiors suck. I love the look of the 4Runner but ugh. The interior...

I’d love to see a full size ram too. It will also be interesting to see what the 3 row Jeep wagoner looks like. Hopefully they don’t faceplant like last time lol.

I’ll be shopping next year and am so excited to drive some new rigs! It’s fun to have choices!

UrbanSuburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also want to see what the three row jeep wagoneer will look like and how it will stack up. As far as Dodge having one as well based on the RAM, it should not cost too much in R&D to make it but I think FCA is having other issues to deal with. Fiat has been a disaster for Chrysler and it is really dragging the market down for them. There really is no money for them to continue to put new products into the pipeline unless it can be a success. They still have no replacement for the Journey and the Ram is struggling to sell against the heavy discounts of the 18 models.

The 2020 GMT K2??? series of truck will probably be last time the Escalade is spun off the Tahoe/Yukon underpinnings and they will go their own way. They have wanted to do this for some time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willabea