Salvage Escalade - Air ride issues.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Got Lade?

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2003 Escalade with the stock Air Ride set up. I bought it as a salvage title and she got smacked in the front passenger side corner. It rides like piss. I have Service Ride Control and Service Stability lights on also..

Was able to scan them and came up with a few codes.. But mainly, my truck dips down ******* that side when I hit bumps in the road. I don't have the air leveling sensor that bolts onto the control arm on there.. Wondering what I would need to do to install a new one? I'm talking about the little arm that senses what the ride height would be to compensate pressure in the bag.

Does it need to be dead-on when I install it to avoid incorrect height? This is one of the many steps I need to do to this truck to get it riding like a Caddy again.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Well the shock may have been damaged in the accident, but if it wasn't your best bet for that sensor is the Cadillac dealership, or maybe Ebay.

OP
OP
Got Lade?

Got Lade?

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'll just pick up a used one off of car-part.com if I have to.. Can't imagine them being too spendy.

Has anybody tossed around the idea of ditching the air ride altogether and going with some normal shocks? Wouldn't have that Caddy ride, but I'm sure it would be better than this until I bag it next year.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New air ride parts are pretty pricey. Dont know about the used ones though. If I had a choice, I would just get some blistens. Should have dont that last time I replaced em

Physh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cut & pasted from another thread...

Any shocks for 99-06 tahoe yukon etc. will fit. I have Bilstein HD Front Shocks #F4-BE5-6500-H0 and Bilstein HD Rear Shocks #F4-BE5-6501-H0.

No need to trick the auto ride using resistors. Just remove the negative from your battery, pull the RTD fuse under the hood, and replace batery cable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman