Jacking up an Adaptive Air Ride vehicle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jd08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking at doing a rim and tire swap on my 23 Tahoe but it has adaptive air ride suspension. Is there a special way to jack it up with a floor jack? Do you need to disable anything before jacking it up? Or do you just do it like a normal suspension?

d_hawk

Reaction score
Service mode just means the vehicle won’t make any height changes while engaged. You can engage service mode from the center touch screen or it should auto engage when it senses one wheel being jacked up. When jacking from the frame I would actually put the suspension in off road mode, that’s one less inch the jack has to move the frame up before the wheel lifts off the ground. If lifting from a suspension component then I don’t bother raising the suspension/frame.

OP
OP
jd08

jd08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone.

My Trailboss has set spots to jack it up too. Since this is our first full adaptive air ride SUV I was mainly worried about the shocks when lifting. Don't want to damage them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts