sagging leaf spring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
W

wes3337684

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you thats a good price. Is the left spring the same as the right? So I just order 2 of them?

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
Glad 992dr posted up... I was about to drop the same link on ya. :D

Wes... the two sides are the same. Truth be told you'll get a better overall price (cheaper shipping) if you make two separate orders...just make sure that they know to make them separate. Only thing is that they may arrive at different times doing it that way.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Robert beat me, lol.
Huh, I didnt know that about shipping. I do know the price went up since I ordered mine, way back when.

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call a local spring shop ... I bet they aren't much more maybe even less.

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
If "local spring shops" are like the ones in my area, they aren't gonna do what a spring replacement will...

When I called around in my area, they were talking about rearching (shot-peening) and adding a leaf. This doesn't work well for towing applications as the spring will go back to the "memory" that it has stored. Not to mention the price was about the same as getting new springs.

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

Sam,
I haven't replaced mine... don't think I need to now that I've done even more research - truck is still level (side to side).

OP
OP
W

wes3337684

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I talked to a guy at a spring shop and he said that air bags are the best way to go. cause he said the leaf spring will sag again in a couple years. Anybody tried the Firestone bags he said he could get them for $260 thats what new springs cost. So I'm on the fence,s new spring or just put bags with what I got.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danepfalgout