sagging leaf spring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wes3337684

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The drivers side rear of my yukon is 2 inchs lower than the passange side. I need to replace the driver side leaf spring but to do that do I have to drop the fuel tank to get the front bolt out?

hassoun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what year is your yukon ?

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

1. Raise and support the vehicle. Refer to Vehicle Lifting.
2. Support the rear axle independently in order to relieve the tension on the leaf springs.
3. Disconnect the Real Time Damping (RTD) sensors (25 series utilities if equipped). Refer to Rear Position Sensor Replacement - Electronic Suspension - Left (15 Series) or Rear Position Sensor Replacement - Electronic Suspension - Left (25 Series) or Rear Position Sensor Replacement - Electronic Suspension - flight (25 Series) in Real Time Damping (RTD) .
4. Remove the trailer hitch if equipped. Refer to Trailer Hitch Replacement in Body and Frame.
5. Remove the fuel tank for left side applications. Refer to in Powertrain Management.
6. Remove the U-bolt nuts.
7. Remove the U-bolts.
8. Remove the spring spacer.
9. Remove the anchor plate.

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

it looks like your have to drop the tank man!

hassoun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just make sure you have as little gas as possible. dont do like i did when i swapped my fuel pump at almost a full tank haha. was a ***** to get down and quarter tank ended up on the ground.

OP
OP
W

wes3337684

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah hopefully I won't have to drop it all the way just drop it a little or slide it over enough to get to the bolt. Do you thank I should replace both sides of springs at the same time so it rides level? Also new springs are $260 and the juck yard has them for $50 which is the best bet?

hassoun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would go with two new springs man. you need both to level the ride and get the comfort. i would go with brand new! thats me. if you're right on money then i guess used would do it. but it'll be a matter of time before they go bad ?

OP
OP
W

wes3337684

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah your right but $260 a peice I'll have to look around and see if I can find them anywhere cheaper. Thanks for the help.

97yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if your looking for drop springs my bro has a set he rode on for less than a year...will sell for cheap...very cheap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danepfalgout