Safety and Protection package on new Denali... ResistAll

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WyoDenali307

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently purchased a new 2018 Denali and it came with the dealers "Safety and Protection" package. Included in this was a flashing 3rd brake-light, nitrogen in the tires, wheel locks and the reason I'm posting... ResistAll installed on the interior and exterior. When I asked about whether this package was optional I was told no it's standard on all their new vehicles. I understand the marketing and upcharge aspects of this; that's not the reason for my post. My question is this: Has anyone else had this product installed on their vehicle exterior that can speak to the legitimacy of it? Is it basically a wax? Yes I've called the dealer and shockingly they were little to no help. Makes me wonder if anything was even installed... I'd be happy to answer any clarifying questions. My post was made to gauge the need to put any product on my new vehicle.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
flashing third brake light ?
My dealer has that optional device too. Don’t know the cost. I think it rapid flashes the third brake light a few times when the brakes are activated.

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nano coating apparently. Probably some better choices on the market. My sister had a ceramic coating applied to her new car and she claims that it makes it much easier to keep clean just a light spray at carwash removes the dirt easily without applying soap? I probably would not do a deal with a dealership that pushed this stuff on me.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Many new car dealers are offering services like this. I had a client that bought two new gen Range Rover sports and both had protective coats applied by the dealer when she bought them. The first one actually seemed to be somewhat legit with the coverage on the surfaces. But every dealer has their own designated brand they use. But like the guys said above I’m sure there are plenty of better options out there. Like ceramic coating. I personally use chemical guys products for my own vehicle and all the client vehicles I do. With that being said I’ve never heard a dealer say that it’s a mandatory option to have to pay for on a new car. When I bought my 2006 in 2015, they wanted to sell me a package like that and he was being pushy. I said no I don’t need it. I’d have said I’m not paying for because I didn’t ask for it. And if you insist on making me pay for it than the deal is off. I also wonder if it’s legal to force an option like that on a customer whether the customer what’s it or not....

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is nothing new at all. New car dealers have been offering "protection" packages for decades. I wouldn't be surprised if some of these dealers actually applied anything at all and if they did, I doubt it's anything better than what you could buy at any store for a fraction of the price. The last of my experience with this, it was more of an "insurance policy" where they agree to clean and/or repair small items for a given amount of time and applying their "special" protectant was more for their sake.

I would NOT want to deal with someone using mafia-style tactics to force me to buy what should be optional.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Many new car dealers are offering services like this. I had a client that bought two new gen Range Rover sports and both had protective coats applied by the dealer when she bought them. The first one actually seemed to be somewhat legit with the coverage on the surfaces. But every dealer has their own designated brand they use. But like the guys said above I’m sure there are plenty of better options out there. Like ceramic coating. I personally use chemical guys products for my own vehicle and all the client vehicles I do. With that being said I’ve never heard a dealer say that it’s a mandatory option to have to pay for on a new car. When I bought my 2006 in 2015, they wanted to sell me a package like that and he was being pushy. I said no I don’t need it. I’d have said I’m not paying for because I didn’t ask for it. And if you insist on making me pay for it than the deal is off. I also wonder if it’s legal to force an option like that on a customer whether the customer what’s it or not....

Mandatory option - oxymoronic. ;)