rubbing on washer fluid reservoir

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

denial

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i just lowered my 08 awd denali 2" front and 3" rear with a ground force kit on 26x10 dub bombers with 305-35-26 and it rubbed real bad at first until i heated and trimmed plastic here and there but the drivers side front tire is rubbing the plastic in the front of the wheelwell when i make a pretty decent turn. the bad thing is i cannot trim anything at that area because the windshield washer fluid reservoir is right there and it is being pushed forward. the reservoir follows the fenderwheel all the way down to behind the front bumper. any suggestions would be very helpful

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Thats weird. Some people on her have 3/4 and 4/5 drop on 26s with no problems.
Most just push the wheel liers back with the help of a heat gun which works most of the time, maybe you should post pics to help better?

OP
OP
denial

denial

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i heated everywhere and it helped im kind of glad i didnt heat too much since the reservoir is directly behind the fenderwell plastic . i didnt know if was due to the width of the rims or from using spindles i will go take some pics to post

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Yeah it could be an offset issue with the rims too.....

1sikyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not dropped at all on 24s and im rubbing on sharp turn/ going up driveways on an angle. I went to a local shop, they told me hat exact thing, that the wiper fluid is right behind that fenderwall and is pushing it an inch and a half closer to the tire then the passenger side. I asked if anything could be done....he said only thing they have suggested is not using 305s to wide you gotta go down to 295....To be honest it doesnt bother me anymore....but id love to find a way to fix it. let me know if u hear of anything.

NASTY GM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to trim and cut a lot not to get my 26's to rub. In the area your talking about I actually cut a hole. I'll try to get some pics. Welcome to having 26's on a lowered SUV :hands:

OP
OP
denial

denial

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
here are some pics sorry its dirty got back from texas heatwave and havent had time to clean it

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 50
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 50
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 61
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 61
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 53

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Thats a lot of cutting to still see rubbing issues!!

J-Will

#Merica
Reaction score
i had to cut the hell out of mine. and it still rubs on the washer reservoir.. a buddy of mine is dropped 3/5 on 6s. he actually did a mini tub on the firewall. and moved the entire reservoir to a diff location. if its still doin it bad then thats the only option you have is to relocate it

OP
OP
denial

denial

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thanks for all the help i guess i will have to relocate the reservoir and sensors with it