Rough rear suspension And swaying

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
brndns_hoe

brndns_hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya that spacer block. I'll ser what i can Finder. Ive got a dril And tap so will just need a piece of metal. And I'll check into the panhard too. Although at this point I think it's something to do with my front bympstops after talking to blueflamed. They had been cut off almost completely when the drop kit was installed. They cranked the keys all the way down too and it felt like shit. I raised them but the left side was still touching and think that was causing the sway. Finally got it feeling better, but then I installed new stops and they are resting pretty good on the control arm so I m gonna cut em down some more( I trimmed them when I put them in) and get some space there and that should be good.

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

Oh and the swaying seem more on the front right that's why I think it has to do with those bympstops. Cruising down the freeway going around curves with humps in them, my right side would be rocking pretty good, kinda scary actually

OP
OP
brndns_hoe

brndns_hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
***UPDATE***

Ever since my truck was lowered, and I realized they had cranked the keys down as well, and I went to raise them back up some, the right side was always higher than the left. after putting in my new bumpstops, and, as mentioned, had them resting on the control arms, tonight, I took them out, trimmed them down, reinstalled them and I have even amount of space on each side now. I think the shop cut one shorter than the other. My front end feels great! I didn't feel that swaying like I was after installing the new bumpstops and riding on them. But I'll know better after a road trip tomorrow evening.

MY REAR END, I don't know what to do....like I said, going over speed bumps for example, it sounds like something is loose, or banging. And I'm pretty sure it's not bottoming out, I've felt that and it's different. and it's usually initially going over the bump, not coming down off it. It's almost like if you have something loose in the trunk and bounces around when you hit bumps. Does it with small potholes too. I've looked underneath but don't see anything odd, but will mess with it some more this weekend, but any ideas anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

chiech233

Reaction score
I'm sure you have this problem solved by now but if not it's more than likely the part that you are missing and it's causing you shock extender to pivot over bumps I was missin the same thing and that was my problem

OP
OP
brndns_hoe

brndns_hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i figured it out finally......when that shock came loose going down the road, it got bent.....it compressed once when I reattached it and after that, stayed stiff apparently. sucks, cuz i just got those shocks. but that's all fixed now, plus that piece that comes with the shock extender, I put in a new one.

J-dub

The TYF Young One
Reaction score
I have 5" springs in the rear and DJM shocks and the rear rides great. I need a panhard and relocation kit before new rims though...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts