Rough rear suspension And swaying

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brndns_hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hace the djm 2/3 stop. My rear end just feels Rough. Mostly going over speed bumps I feel it and it sounds kinda strAnge whereas my front end is nice and cushy. Any ideas on what to check? My bumpstops are trimmed down. It also seems to sway from side to side more thAn before the drop. Would an aftermarket swaybar fix that?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
1) what rear shocks are you running
2) are you running shock extenders?
3) would you consider going lower in rear with a better ride?

OP
OP
brndns_hoe

brndns_hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1) what rear shocks are you running
2) are you running shock extenders?
3) would you consider going lower in rear with a better ride?

bilstein shocks, yes I have shock extenders, and don't wanna go lower right now....actually I got the kit from you....which reminds me. the installers didn't put the shock extender on tight, and came off going down the road, shock dropped to the ground, etc.... I reinstalled it myself, but it's missing what appears to be a small plate for a bottom bolt where the shock extender hooks up to. Like 2 bolts go through the sides of the extender and one up through the bottom that screws into that plate. It's secure with the other 2 bolts right now and not moving around, but is there a way to get just that one piece from you?

I'm happy with the front end, but that back end just doesn't seem right

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
yeah with the billsteins its a ruffer ride then the djm shocks thats for sure. ill try to get you with the guy i sold the same kit to here with the belltech rear shocks and he loves it

OP
OP
brndns_hoe

brndns_hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
really, man I haven't heard anything bad about the bilsteins, that's why I got 'em. That's all anyone seems to recommend.

what about that shock extender piece?

and do you think a swaybar would help the wishy washy feel from side to side?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
yes on belltech springs they are good but belltech due to spring rate makes it a stiff ride.

OP
OP
brndns_hoe

brndns_hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Um....so what about that part I mentioned? Is there a way to get that piece from you or somewhere? I dunno If I described it well but I can take a pic if need be

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
the extenders only come as a kit

MASS-HOE'Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are you looking for? The threaded spacer block? Cant be that hard to find a small block of metal, drill a hole through and run a tap and your golden. If you could find something big enough not to fall into the hole in the frame at the factory shock location, i dont see why you couldnt just use some heavy duty washers and nuts to build out the bolt a bit.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could it be your rear is not centered and maybe need the adjustable panhard bar? I would think a lowered tahoe would dog leg a bit if the rear was not centered under your truck after being lowered. that may make it feel inconsistent in the rear, but just my opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar