Rough Idle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@opfor2 There might need to be a certain set of criteria to trigger a check engine light. I used to have a 96 tahoe 5.7 that ran terrible but had no check engine light, when I hooked it up I could see that one of the cylinders "misfire" count would go up under acceleration but never triggered a check engine light.

Could be different with this platform but I think someone would have corrected me by now, it's worth a shot?

OP
OP
opfor2

opfor2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: After many bottles of injector cleaner and numerous tanks of E85 fuel my rough idle was still present. So, I ended up buying 8 new OEM GM fuel injectors from Rock Auto and yes that was the issue. I've attached some pictures of the old injectors just so you can see what I was dealing with.

Attachments

• IMG_1929 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_1929 - Copy.jpg
    338.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1930 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_1930 - Copy.jpg
    277.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1931.jpg
    IMG_1931.jpg
    278.7 KB · Views: 9

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: After many bottles of injector cleaner and numerous tanks of E85 fuel my rough idle was still present. So, I ended up buying 8 new OEM GM fuel injectors from Rock Auto and yes that was the issue. I've attached some pictures of the old injectors just so you can see what I was dealing with.

Great and informative update!

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
What are these injectors rated at? Price?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
An injector balance test may have shown the problem, but that's water under the bridge now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz