Rough Idle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More I read about E85, more I learn about how it burns cleaner.

Why not start with two bottles of Chevron with TechRon Fuel System Cleaner?
Should be able to buy that at your local automotive store.
Add that to E85, should clean things up pretty well.

OP
OP
opfor2

opfor2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More I read about E85, more I learn about how it burns cleaner.

Why not start with two bottles of Chevron with TechRon Fuel System Cleaner?
Should be able to buy that at your local automotive store.
Add that to E85, should clean things up pretty well.
Is it compatible with E85?

OP
OP
opfor2

opfor2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: So after running exclusively E85 fuel and 4 bottles of injector cleaner the rig seems to idle a little better however, the roughness is still present. I'm thinking that I may have one or more injectors what need additional cleaning or replacement. My question is how does one determine which injector is dirty without removing them all?

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sparkplugs? Recently saw a thread about a bad sparkplug. If nothing else you can see if any look lean (white).

I'm not sure you will be able to see if injectors are clogged, but there are injector cleaning/flow rate testing services..

OP
OP
opfor2

opfor2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sparkplugs? Recently saw a thread about a bad sparkplug. If nothing else you can see if any look lean (white).

I'm not sure you will be able to see if injectors are clogged, but there are injector cleaning/flow rate testing services..
Yes I replaced both the plugs and wires with OEM AC Delco parts

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: So after running exclusively E85 fuel and 4 bottles of injector cleaner the rig seems to idle a little better however, the roughness is still present. I'm thinking that I may have one or more injectors what need additional cleaning or replacement. My question is how does one determine which injector is dirty without removing them all?

usually the fuel rail has to come off to get 1 injector out, so at that point it's just pulling all 8 out of the rail and then there's a injector cleaner, it's a sonic bath while opening them up and then flow testing them. might be a shop local to you. but most people mail them off. no clue on costs these days, you can probably buy new good quality aftermarket injector for the price but there's a setting in the tune that should be adjusted to the new injectors. offset times for opening and closing vs ign voltage I believe it is. every brand is different and most good ones will provide it. but that opens a whole can of worms if not tuned. so for a daily it's normally easier to just have the stock ones cleaned and flow tested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo