Rough Idle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

opfor2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2011 SSV has a rough idle, It’s not bad but noticeable sometimes worse sometime not so much. I cleaned the MAF sensor with MAF cleaner, Cleaned the TB and reset it using a Bi-directional scanner, added injector cleaner to the fuel, new OEM plugs. Not sure where else or what else to try and any suggestions would be helpful.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 2011 SSV has a rough idle, It’s not bad but noticeable sometimes worse sometime not so much. I cleaned the MAF sensor with MAF cleaner, Cleaned the TB and reset it using a Bi-directional scanner, added injector cleaner to the fuel, new OEM plugs. Not sure where else or what else to try and any suggestions would be helpful.
injector service, if a few tanks of gas and injector cleaner does not clear it up.
just doing one dose of injector cleaner is not going to do anything, put in 2 bottles per tank full for the foreseable future.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@opfor2 These engines try to idle as low as possible from factory which can lead to a poor experience. I've spent a lot of time and money replacing parts but nothing made a difference other than what I said above. It's common for these to idle poorly be default, especially at this age.

dkad260

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you say "Rough Idle" , are you referring to a slight shake felt when stopped in gear?

I had that after I replaced my plugs and wires and the broken LH motor mount. Had a slight rough idle before all that, but afterwards it wasn't fully cured.

What cured my "felt rough idle" when in gear and stopped....was a new RH motor mount.

Turned that shake off like a switch....felt shake anyway.

If the RH mount is worn, then it's almost like a solid mount.

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just started running E85 and it seems to help a little to smooth out the idle.
check my thread. Having same issue in 2014 Tahoe. I’m about in the same position as you. Gonna switch back to e85 and report back.

OP
OP
opfor2

opfor2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check my thread. Having same issue in 2014 Tahoe. I’m about in the same position as you. Gonna switch back to e85 and report back.
I just replaced my wires with OEM's what a pain in the A$$ to pull the old wires with the heat shields. I haven't really had an opportunity to drive it to see if changing the wires helps any.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019