Roof Rack Removed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
mjenk430

mjenk430

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man that is really good info to have. I'm pretty sure the leak came from my rack then.

So is the back of the headliner lined with some sort of plastic?

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

The reason I ask is there was no discoloration of my headliner fabric which would confirm my theory. However if there isn't any plastic then a roof leak through those bolts would soak thru and be visible.

Hmm... I didn't pay close attention to the makeup of the actual headliner. I do remember it was fairly rigid because I had to loosen it at the rear garment hook and the front grab handle in order to pull it down far enough to get my hand in there.

If I had to guess, I would say its probably a thin rigid piece of abs plastic with the headliner material glued to the underside of it. So I think you would be right, a leak would only show up at the edges of the headliner.

orange72blazer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks!

Yeah, it's all one piece. I would have liked to make it shorter as it didn't need to be this long (7'). But that's the only length they offered it in and I didn't want to cut a chunk out of the middle and have a seam in the molding.

What color white did you go with? Was it the 1 3/8" wide molding? It looks like it matches pretty good & I'm looking to do the same thing on my white 09 Tahoe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrRuiz