Roof Rack Removed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, now I don't have to post my deleted rack pics! :)

Let me know if you have any questions about it.

OP
OP
mjenk430

mjenk430

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, now I don't have to post my deleted rack pics! :)

Let me know if you have any questions about it.

Sorry, hope you don't mind me reposting your pics, I did give you credit though :)

I did have a question though, I just posted it on your thread as well. You purchased the moldings that are beveled on both ends, right? How did you cut it to the length you wanted? Just cut a chunk out of the middle and have a seam? Is it visible? Or did you just cut one of the beveled ends off?

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, hope you don't mind me reposting your pics, I did give you credit though :)

I did have a question though, I just posted it on your thread as well. You purchased the moldings that are beveled on both ends, right? How did you cut it to the length you wanted? Just cut a chunk out of the middle and have a seam? Is it visible? Or did you just cut one of the beveled ends off?

Not a problem at all!

Check the other thread -- I just answered the question over there.

slipping

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that looks awesome dude. im going to have to look into this now. is it all one piece?

OP
OP
mjenk430

mjenk430

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that looks awesome dude. im going to have to look into this now. is it all one piece?

Thanks!

Yeah, it's all one piece. I would have liked to make it shorter as it didn't need to be this long (7'). But that's the only length they offered it in and I didn't want to cut a chunk out of the middle and have a seam in the molding.

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

That looks smooth AF!

Thanks.

Macho, you had asked about what was under the headliner. I ended up having to pull down one side of the headliner to free up a stuck bolt that I had overtightened in the roof rack. There is nothing special up there. Just some "substructure" to stiffen up the roof and the side curtain airbag. The nuts from the roof rack just protrude down from the outer skin of the roof with open bottoms. So, if water does get into the roof rack holes it will run onto the headliner. I would have snapped some pictures for you, but I only pulled the headliner down far enough to get my hand and a long wrench up there. Couldn't see much, only felt around.

MACHO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man that is really good info to have. I'm pretty sure the leak came from my rack then.

So is the back of the headliner lined with some sort of plastic?

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

The reason I ask is there was no discoloration of my headliner fabric which would confirm my theory. However if there isn't any plastic then a roof leak through those bolts would soak thru and be visible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667