Roof Rack Cross Rails

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BeavOR

Reaction score
So I've searched the forums and read all I can. The impression I get is that the roof rack cross rails make noise. Although there is not consensus on its source and how to solve the problem.

I've noticed the threads are not all that recent so I wanted to ask if anyone has had a positive experience recently purchasing/installing the cross rails? Do they rattle? How is the wind noise? Does it make a whistling sound?

I'd really like to stick with OEM but constant rattles would likely drive me away.

Thanks in advance!

DenaliBQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have them on my 16 denali and my cousin on on his 15 we never noticed any noise or rattling i like them

cship

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
which set did you go with OEM?? does the older body style rails fit the new body??? Just need to get a set myself

jl449

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I've searched the forums and read all I can. The impression I get is that the roof rack cross rails make noise. Although there is not consensus on its source and how to solve the problem.

I've noticed the threads are not all that recent so I wanted to ask if anyone has had a positive experience recently purchasing/installing the cross rails? Do they rattle? How is the wind noise? Does it make a whistling sound?

I'd really like to stick with OEM but constant rattles would likely drive me away.

Thanks in advance!

They do make a rattle noise only no wind noise. Mine was driving me nuts! I removed them and added double sided tape inside the housing where the bar is inserted. That took up the excessive play and the rattle noise is gone.
Someone else posted another fix Link

Demer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed cross bars a few months back. They have zero rattle and are rock solid.

lynxnova

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just recently purchased a used 2015 tahoe ltz and noticed it didn't have the cross bars, so my question is......Do the cross bars come standard on the ltz or is it an option purchase?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

jem556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed OEM on my 15 back in June for a family vacation trip. Fits tight and no noticeable difference in wind noise.

lynxnova

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just recently purchased a used 2015 tahoe ltz and noticed it didn't have the cross bars, so my question is......Do the cross bars come standard on the ltz or is it an option purchase?

Bump

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokin Denali

Latest posts