2015 Yukon Roof Rack Cross Rails

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UpstateEMS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know that there have been complaints about the cross rails rattling that have been fixed by placing a washer between where the width adjustment screw is on the underside of the rail.

Does anyone know if the new part number cross rail (#23256564) resolved this issue and the washer is no longer necessary?

Thanks!

Heymatt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just put the GM roof rails on our Tahoe. No washers required. I'd have to check the PN though.
Just looked back at the PN, that is the one I purchased.

Last edited:

jmitchell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have info on the washer size used on the rails? Or pictures of the fix?

Vin496

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know this is a cheap fix, but all I did was basically the "matchbook under table leg". I took some electrical tape folded it over and used a flathead screwdriver to insert it under the crossbar cover. Took about 5 minutes and cost nothing.

There is absolutely ZERO noise or rattling now. Totally changed the way I feel while driving.

I know it looks cheap, but it works and was easy as pie, plus I will never see it as will no one else.

lBADMt3.jpg

8IQFeN1.jpg

cship

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
anyone know if you can run rails from other models? Just picked up a 15 and wanted to see if I could use the rails from my 12, or if I need new ones.

Thanks

Jcthoman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Are u supposed to try and tighten the width adjustment after installation? I couldnt get to the torx bolts and figured they were designed for some roof flex. I also had one of the threaded inserts spin in the plastic rails on the roof. Any thoughts on a fix?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu