Rocket Man's 2008 Bagged CC Silverado Build AKA "THE MACHINE"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw one for $58 with free shipping, but it's unbranded.

Will do. Says it has 30 day free returns so I figured, why not.

I saw that too. Dorman is where I draw the line in the Chinese parts department lol.
Yep Dorman is as low as I'll go lol. If it's cheaper than Dorman, run!

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have had an issue with confirming the dash p/n. GM Parts Giant and GM Parts Direct are the 2 online dealers I have always used to lookup parts, and they show 2 different parts for an 08 Tahoe which is what the used dash I bought was out of. I can’t go by my VIN obviously because that pulls up an LT dash like it had in it originally. So I asked @915_Tahoe if he could verify that neither has a speaker hole in the center. From what I can tell the correct one is 23224747 which shows as Ebony which my interior is and the other one, 19331336, shows as black. But Ebony IS black. From his reply, I believe neither has a speaker in it but his wording in the PM is weird so I’ve asked him to clarify. From what I see neither do but he hasn’t responded again since last night.

Anyway I shopped and shopped for the 4747 and interestingly enough Summit Racing has the best price shipped, beating the nearest competitor by over $40. They have it for $604 shipped so I ordered it from them. Man it better be the right one. I’m about 95% certain.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had an issue with confirming the dash p/n. GM Parts Giant and GM Parts Direct are the 2 online dealers I have always used to lookup parts, and they show 2 different parts for an 08 Tahoe which is what the used dash I bought was out of. I can’t go by my VIN obviously because that pulls up an LT dash like it had in it originally. So I asked @915_Tahoe if he could verify that neither has a speaker hole in the center. From what I can tell the correct one is 23224747 which shows as Ebony which my interior is and the other one, 19331336, shows as black. But Ebony IS black. From his reply, I believe neither has a speaker in it but his wording in the PM is weird so I’ve asked him to clarify. From what I see neither do but he hasn’t responded again since last night.

Anyway I shopped and shopped for the 4747 and interestingly enough Summit Racing has the best price shipped, beating the nearest competitor by over $40. They have it for $604 shipped so I ordered it from them. Man it better be the right one. I’m about 95% certain.

Here is the part number from mine..

Ebony interior. 08 avalanche LTZ

also, not sure why the carpet looks pink and the wall looks yellow. Carpet is "sand" and the walls are antique white lol8D09E8E1-9E2C-4094-9555-286154CB2A2B.jpeg5DECF9A5-9917-47F3-8E2E-FC3F1125E34F.jpeg

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the part number from mine..

Ebony interior. 08 avalanche LTZ

also, not sure why the carpet looks pink and the wall looks yellow. Carpet is "sand" and the walls are antique white lolView attachment 348119View attachment 348120
Dammit. That’s the other number I had. And I see it’s less expensive, Summit has it for $527. So I called them to see if I could cancel the first one and order this one. I just had to cancel the order. And then I talking to the dude to order this one and he says it’s about 2 months out and I said wait…let me stop and figure this out. Then I looked and the first one was the same, ship date 10/25 when I thought it said 8/25. So fck. Now I’ll have to do my shopping all over again, for this part number.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dammit. That’s the other number I had. And I see it’s less expensive, Summit has it for $527. So I called them to see if I could cancel the first one and order this one. I just had to cancel the order. And then I talking to the dude to order this one and he says it’s about 2 months out and I said wait…let me stop and figure this out. Then I looked and the first one was the same, ship date 10/25 when I thought it said 8/25. So fck. Now I’ll have to do my shopping all over again, for this part number.
Casey is the painter at a body shop so he ordered mine for me. I just give the vin and it pops up what I need.

IIRC, they didn't get the speaker in the center until after 08. My dads 2012 avalanche has the speaker

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found a better deal: https://www.gmpartsnow.com/oem-parts/gm-panel-19331336

Upon check out use this code for 50% off shipping: HALFSHIP299

Panel
$428.04
Part # 19331336

Subtotal
$428.04

Shipping
$189.99
Discount - 50% off shipping
Maximum allowed discount has been applied
-$95.00

Total
$523.03
Awesome, thanks. I'm gonna have them check availability, I don't wanna wait 2 months like Summit was trying to do. That's $100 less than the best I found. I was actually on their site, it's here in my notes for 626.56 shipped to me. I didn't see that shipping discount because I'm blind I guess.

F it, I ordered it before the shipping discount disappears. Thanks man you saved me a Benjamin.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The first time I ordered a dash, when it was an LT, the best deals were EBay sellers. Now they all show as sold out. I remember getting that one for $200 less than the online dealers.