Rocket Man's 2008 Bagged CC Silverado Build AKA "THE MACHINE"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some videos of the headlights/ grill lights. first one is the unlock/ lock colors. I don't even know how the strip behind the grill colormatches the switchback turns since I didn't program them to do that. The other 2 videos are just a couple colors and some good shots of the etching on the inside of the projectors. I wanted to leave the video recording while I changed the colors through the complete spectrum but the ap and the camera are on the same phone.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also got the stickers for the HVAC controls and installed them. It looks pretty damn good during the day but at night it's not perfect. The backlighting for the symbols is not perfect like original, maybe because there's no way to line up the graphics perfectly. But it will do for now. If I find another control on Amazon warehouse deals for $85 I'll probably buy it and hopefully it will be the right one.

IMG_8105.JPG IMG_8108.JPG IMG_8101.JPG IMG_8102.JPG

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I also got the stickers for the HVAC controls and installed them. It looks pretty damn good during the day but at night it's not perfect. The backlighting for the symbols is not perfect like original, maybe because there's no way to line up the graphics perfectly. But it will do for now. If I find another control on Amazon warehouse deals for $85 I'll probably buy it and hopefully it will be the right one.

View attachment 195562 View attachment 195563 View attachment 195566 View attachment 195567

I scrapped the original symbols off the buttons, with a razor blade, before applying the stickers to avoid interference with light transmission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I scrapped the original symbols off the buttons, with a razor blade, before applying the stickers to avoid interference with light transmission.
Well, I bought 2 sets of stickers so I might try that. The instructions said to use a sharpie to color them in if they're too worn off which I didn't do but I never thought about doing that. Any pics of yours?

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Well, I bought 2 sets of stickers so I might try that. The instructions said to use a sharpie to color them in if they're too worn off which I didn't do but I never thought about doing that. Any pics of yours?

I would have to wait till it's dark to get any night pics.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I couldn't get the rotors surfaced because they're drilled and slotted. They said the lathe would catch on all that. But I decided they will be ok for now. I was running them on The Beast without an issue for months. So I painted them at least with some caliper paint.

IMG_8114.JPG

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I couldn't get the rotors surfaced because they're drilled and slotted. They said the lathe would catch on all that. But I decided they will be ok for now. I was running them on The Beast without an issue for months. So I painted them at least with some caliper paint.

View attachment 195625
Maybe hit them with a DA sander?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkHearse