Rocker panel options..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JMEngland88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys. So, as pretty much everyone who owns one of these, my rocker panels have rust. What options are available to remedy this? Now that the years have gone by and these trucks can be had for a few grand, the thought of paying thousands of dollars to have new metal ones welded in and repainted and everything is hard to swallow. What have you guys done to at least make it look better? I've tried searching and can't find any pre-made solutions for us SUV guys, other than modifying the bushwackers made for the pickups.

Glad to be back btw

Speedslow

Reaction score
I welded them on. But I’m a body man. I would suggest to just do it the right way the first time. If you shop around sometimes you can find a body man that will do it on the side for a good deal. I know shop prices seam high but it is a decently big job. Try to find someone who will do it for a flat rate rather than paying hourly from a shop but make sure they know what they are doing.

FirstTimerTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys. So, as pretty much everyone who owns one of these, my rocker panels have rust. What options are available to remedy this? Now that the years have gone by and these trucks can be had for a few grand, the thought of paying thousands of dollars to have new metal ones welded in and repainted and everything is hard to swallow. What have you guys done to at least make it look better? I've tried searching and can't find any pre-made solutions for us SUV guys, other than modifying the bushwackers made for the pickups.

Glad to be back btw
I'm right there with you. I've seen several metal options for upper and lower rocker panels. Most of them need welded in. Some slip cover options, but they are elusive to find again. From what I understand we have to order Silverado options and trim them to fit? I could be wrong, I'm searching for this solution myself to be honest.

OneofFew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had found plastic rocker panel covers on Ebay. I did fix the holes in the rear wheel wells where water was getting in and cut out the rust and sprayed rust inhibitor. IDK if those rocker panel covers are still available, but they did fine for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleeeper