RoadVantage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

luckylou

Reaction score
Has anyone dealt with this company RoadVantage? My dealer "sold" me this protection package through this company. Part of the package is something they put on the paint that is supposed to warranty it for 6 years. The best ceramic out there only claims 2 years so I wondered what it is that they could be putting on. I never did get a straight answer from sales? I don't know what the big secret is. I wanted to know if I could wax on it and if I want to do ceramic myself, is this something that is going to have to be removed before the ceramic is applied. The salesman gave me a pamphlet that really doesn't tell me anything except that it is warranted by this RoadVantage company and that they recommend this "5 product maintenance kit". I called the company on the only # on the web site which is a claims # thinking they could hook me up with someone who knows what this product is. This woman answered and I told her what I would like to know and she said she would transfer me to (garble - garble). The phone went silent but didn't disconnect. I sat there for 15 min before I gave up because she obviously had no intention of transferring me to (garble-garble). I can only imagine how they handle claims. I hope I never have to find out.
Then, knowing that the "A Team", of which my salesman and his manager are members would not be in because they alternate weekends with the "B Team" and they worked the previous weekend, I called parts at the dealer on Friday. he had no idea what this "5 product" thing is but he offered to transfer me to the Get Ready area. I talked to a guy there who has no interest in whatever game it is that sales is playing.
I asked him what it is that they put on the paint and he really didn't know but that the name on the bottle is Polyshield. I went to Polyshield's web site and it says it is a polymer something or other that "bonds with the paint". It probably is a good product but no way it protects for 6 years? I left an inquiry on their contact form?
But back to RoadVantage - anyone have any info on them?

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless it is a ceramic coating, i wouldn't get it. Speakong of ceramic coatings, do some research on it on youtube, as it is getting better amd there is a new graphene ceramic coating that is rated to last longer than ceramic in general. I would love to get it done to my tahoe (if i ever get it ordered and built), but the cost is up there for getting it done.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I got something similar… mine was Simoniz GlassCoat…Supposed to be guaranteed for life! Although I can’t really find out many details about it, I will say after a year it still beads water like crazy. Moderately happy with it….

Matz

Reaction score
I would be leery putting it on. I put a similar product years back on my boat. When I needed to have the transom repainted by the the top rated boat/ RV shop, he called me up because he couldn't remove it. I ended up having to use floor wax remover. Screwed up the gel coat real bad. Had to buff every season and the wax only lasted a few months. A dealership near me had a Tahoe with a ceramic coating and it was a $3000 add on.

OP
OP
luckylou

luckylou

Reaction score
Yeah. My dealer wanted $2500. I can get enough ceramic for an SUV for less than $200. Watched a few tutorials. Doesn't look that tough to do. Many ceramics flash when ready to be leveled. Personally, I'm going to wax it. got a 2001 Corvette that has been waxed and it is showroom.

Last edited:
OP
OP
luckylou

luckylou

Reaction score
By the by...I looked up RoadVantage on the BBB. A lot of complaints but it seems like everyone who complained to the BBB got satisfaction. Seems they drag their feet on claims and try to dodge them but....they don't want to get a bad rap on the BBB or risk their A+ rating. They have been in business for 10 years but just got accredited in April '22.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The GM dealership we bought the Sierra from sold my daughter an APEX warranty, which includes the lift and big tires. They have already replaced the transmission and torque converter under warranty with parts from their own stock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia