revamping my 2001 yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carcrz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was thinking about selling it but i just couldn't do it, it's been parked for about 2 years so i'm just going to do some work on it to bring it up to date.
i'm starting by shaving the rear end rear wiper and handle all the work will be done at home by me i will pay nobody to do anything if i cant do it it wont get done here some pics

IMG_0185.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_0183.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC03851.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC03858.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

redemn93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
very nice. you going to shot the paint yourself? with i had that skill. im sure i could do it. just never have before.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Parked for 2 year!? Probaly doesnt have many miles huh? Keep the pics coming!

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score
Looks awesome. Where are you going to relocate the handle/window popper? I've always loved the way this looks. I wanted to do it myself but it wasn't practical for the wife/kids.

OP
OP
carcrz

carcrz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
very nice. you going to shot the paint yourself? with i had that skill. im sure i could do it. just never have before.

yes i'm going to shoot it myself this is going to be a home made project i'm not paying any body to work on it

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

the truck has about 80k miles on it i'm not for sure at the moment i did a escalade dash swap and as of now i got 15k on the new dash...

i got solenoids on the window and hatch, went to the bone yard and got them off a mercury cougar trunk they work like a charm i will try to post pics of the set up

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pics would be great! Always though this would be a cool mod, just dont have the know how/skills/tools to do it and dont want to pay for anyone to do it

OP
OP
carcrz

carcrz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE UPDATE

well i finish installing the solenoids from the junkyard and to my surprise they wasn't strong enough to open the hatch so i had to spend $80 bucks for some 60 pound solenoid at summit and they work real good

DSC03964.jpg

here it is after installation
DSC03968.jpg

still got a little bodywork to finish up,and the shaving will be done. i will be starting a new project. i will be shaving the gas door and relocating the filler behind the tail light if anybody have done this before please chime in, and give me some pointers am gonna need all the help i can get i will started saturday am wish me luck will post pics then.........

OP
OP
carcrz

carcrz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
greetings members

well i started the gas door i'm gonna do the hard part first which is making the tail light swing out like the fuel door so here are some pics

DSC03974.jpg

DSC03986.jpg

well got to go back to work will post more in a few hours.....
here is one more to give an idea on what is suppose to look like

DSC03976.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia