Resurrecting my 2003 Tahoe with Bose only

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91Pusstang

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2003 Tahoe from a buddy at work and I've began "mod'ing" it out! While I'm waiting on all of my lowering kit to come in, I'm going to drop my system into it and have a few questions/opinions for you guys!

I DO have a Bose system that is in perfect operating condition and sounds good for what I'll be using it for (Highs and Mids only). I want to keep it operational unless it is super easy to change to a different 600w amp I have for Highs and Mids! I have 2 Kicker L7's in a Super Bass PROBOX that pounds and I do not need much lows from the stock components...
I DO NOT have navigation, OnStar, or Steering Wheel Controls!

I'm going to change to an aftermarket head unit (IDK if I'm going with a SD player I already have or if I'm going to buy a DD with a DVD Player built in)

I do not care to retain dings and chimes and such (unless someone can tell me why I should) but I do not want my security light on and I do not want problems with it starting up or anything when I finish my changes.

What, if any, wiring harness/modules do I need to buy or change?

CrazyWhiteBoy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nice! I'm in the middle of a very similar situation. I just mounted my L7 12's today in my 2002 Tahoe. I'm weighing the options of using my 650rms amp as well for mids and highs. I guess I'm just being impatient and don't want to have to order and run more "matching" speaker wire from the amp to the door speakers.

My harness is cut and another lazy option I considered is running the 4 speaker wires from the amp (under the 2nd row seat) directly to the wires in the dash. Temporary until I find the patience to make my amp rack and re-route all the wires. I'm just ready to hear it bang.

So I wouldn't say either option is super easy. The doors seam fairly easy to pull apart and put together. Maybe somewhat easy, just time consuming.

OP
OP

91Pusstang

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Morning Grind BUMP! LOL

Looking to order this stuff so I can do it in the next weekend or 2...

Also, on top of my harness/module question...

What's the best/cheapest 0 AWG wiring kit that everyone is using?

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Morning Grind BUMP! LOL

Looking to order this stuff so I can do it in the next weekend or 2...

Also, on top of my harness/module question...

What's the best/cheapest 0 AWG wiring kit that everyone is using?

Welding cable.

OP
OP

91Pusstang

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I went to BestBuy yesterday and the install tech was telling me there are 2 different Bose systems... a Bose and a Bose "Center Point" system. Is this true? If so, how do I figure out which one I have?

OP
OP

91Pusstang

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bueller, Bueller, anyone? LOL

But seriously. I'm looking to install very soon and wonder about the necessity of the door chimes and such and the difference of Bose systems.

What harnesses/modules are needed to retain only the Bose connection and nothing else?

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well you can either integrate everything, IE stock amp, chimes, speakers... Or you can replace it all.

I bypassed everything on mine. No chimes, no stock amp, no problems.

The easiest method is to add a amp integration harness and be done since your planning on keeping factory speakers.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope. Haven't ever heard of anyone having issues with it either. I also don't have the bose amp though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steamrash