replacing stock sub options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

onelovechicago

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there was alot of talk on GMFS forumn of just replacing the stock bose sub for possibly a 8inch kicker? Not looking to "drop the bass" so this sound like the best option? any ideas

mlwald79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where is the sub on a 2007 Yukon Denali? I have cup holders and a center console between my front seats. Not sure if I have a sub in there or not. I'd like a little bump. Maybe by adding a 10 or 12. Def not trying to win any contests. Just want it to hit the low notes which the stock ones can't do. I put a 12" mtx in my Honda and it was great but that box is kinda big. I like the stealth option to get the same quality bass. I think I had a kicker amp pushing the sub.

mlwald79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No i'm running a JL Audio amp, mounted under the rear bucket seat.

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

Where is the sub on a 2007 Yukon Denali? I have cup holders and a center console between my front seats. Not sure if I have a sub in there or not. I'd like a little bump. Maybe by adding a 10 or 12. Def not trying to win any contests. Just want it to hit the low notes which the stock ones can't do. I put a 12" mtx in my Honda and it was great but that box is kinda big. I like the stealth option to get the same quality bass. I think I had a kicker amp pushing the sub.

It's under your center console.

Preludepearl417

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No i'm running a JL Audio amp, mounted under the rear bucket seat.

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

It's under your center console.

Is this the same for a 2007 Escalade?

Freedom Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that just sux, I looked them up for my application and 2004 Denali isn't listed. It actually covers 2001-2006 Yukon NON-Denali's. I guess I need to make a phone call to determine whether I can add this to ours.

How is the sound quality compared to the factory sub?

i went with a MTX Thunderform box that fits where the stock sub goes

and a MTX FPR 10" shallow mount sub 2ohm

http://thunderforms.mtx.com/p_50/Yukon_2007_2011_(Bucket_Front_Seats_Required)/show.html

http://www.mtx.com/mobile/products/series/131/FPR_Shallow_Subwoofers/show.html

i love it

edit: i feel like you get a lot more bang for your buck with this setup as opposed to the JL audio stealthbox imo

mlwald79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It blows the factory sub out of the water.

I don't think it will fit on the Escalade though.

FEATURES
Fiberglass construction
Loaded with single Terminator 10" subwoofer
Will not fit Trucks with AC vents on the back of the center console or vehicles with deep storage area in front of cup holders. Will not fit Full-Size "Classic" Trucks, Chevrolet SSR, Cadillac Escalade, Cadillac Escalade ESV, Cadillac Escalade EXT, Hummer

Freedom Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the Denali it must be the pocket in front of the cup holder than that causes the issue. My center console doesn't have vents, but does have a radio tuner in the top of the back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Richie255