Replaced front speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
Replaced the front factory BOSE speakers on my Lade and the new ones don't work either. I tested the resistance on the new speakers and they both work. Not sure on
my next step

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
denalianyone

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
The fuse for the factory amp under the hood is good. Plus the rear speakers and center dash speaker works as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if you could isolate the front speaker wires before the amp and attach a test speaker.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IIRC, the signal going to the amp is very low on certain BOSE systems. I think it was that with the regular BOSE, the volume of the signal going to the amp was controlled by the head unit, which changed the power on the signal wires much like an aftermarket amp would be when connected to the line-level input. On the LUX BOSE, the signals are low-level and are at a steady power level and the volume is controlled by a data BUS to the amp. He may be able to test the amp's inputs with a DVOM set on a range of VDC that coincides with his type of BOSE system.

Again, this is what I recall at the moment and it may not be (entirely) accurate.

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It controls all speakers, but the front channels may be bad.
This may be a really stupid question, but did you check the fade setting on the head unit?
:emotions33:

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope you didn't take offense, but sometimes in our frustration, we over look the simplest stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645