Repaint front bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ben

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How much do you guys think it would cost to repaint the front bumper on my Tahoe? Needs more than just a clear respray. Front end got scratched pretty bad very low right above the plastic valance, it went into the paint.

:owned:

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
$300-$500 depending on how bad the scratches are, how busy the shop is and how fast you want it back.

For me, if I can give something to my paint guy and let him paint it whenever he has time it's always much cheaper. A lot of places call it fill in work. It's just work to do in between real jobs..

OP
OP
Ben

Ben

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean I can buy a new one for 425 painted black....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150829528495?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

The truck is dirty but the scratches on the bottom are the only thing that is wrong with the bumper... Happened today at lunch, the curb was like 10-12 inches high, something I normally never have to worry about.

bumper-1.jpg

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Nathan is right with his price range.
I never pull close to curbs head on for this very reason.

Yukon&Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best a guy could say is get a quote..... seems like you can never get out of the body shop for less than the $300-500 mark (as mentioned) for even something as minimal as that. If it were me I'd get a quote and compare to ebay as you found (was $425 shipped???).... never know.... may be time for an upgrade/mod!!!

Ever check out: http://www.car-part.com/ ?? A co-worker of mine turned me on to this site and another got re-ended and got a insurance repair quote and check for body shop $$, than found a $200 replacement bumper skin in correct color and put it back on himself.

I've been watching for a center console and hd hood in "correct colors" at the price I'd be willing to pay.

Last edited:

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Here's my concern though...

What type of prep, if any was done with that bumper? Was it stripped and prepped to be repainted? Was it just scuffed and repainted? Is it 1 stage paint or 2? Also the eBay auction says there's no guarantee for it to match, where any painter would guarantee it. Also what about any type of warranty?

OP
OP
Ben

Ben

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't buy a new bumper when mine is perfectly fine. Just using it as a comparison to repaint mine verses a whole new bumper already painted. I'm hoping I can stay under 300 bucks, which sucks cause I really wanted to buy Robbie's rear bumper.

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

I never pull close to curbs head on for this very reason.

I normally never do either, I had been at work for over 24 hours... :sleepy10:

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
When I had to get mine painted after a lady backed into it and scratched it up it was 425.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019