Removing cross bars from the roof rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grocery Getter

A guy with a truck.
Reaction score
Hey y'all..... I want to remove the sliding cross bars from the roof rack and am wondering if there is a trick to it. I haven't taken a close look yet but thougt Id check in before I got started since aim just waiting fornth wife to get back and take over baby duty......

warrlac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting -- I have been wondering the exact same thing. They're not coming off like I thought they might!

Hey y'all..... I want to remove the sliding cross bars from the roof rack and am wondering if there is a trick to it. I haven't taken a close look yet but thougt Id check in before I got started since aim just waiting fornth wife to get back and take over baby duty......

gbleezy

loves to snowboard
Reaction score
there are a couple of screws on each side to the rear of the vehicle that you need to remove on the rack. they should be located on the rear plastic base. once removed you can slide out that plastic base and then slide the cross rails out through the rear.

OP
OP
Grocery Getter

Grocery Getter

A guy with a truck.
Reaction score
Thanks for posting -- I have been wondering the exact same thing. They're not coming off like I thought they might!

It was cake.... Just take off the rear mounts( 2 screws each) and slide the cross bars off the back. If you are alone it will help if you wedge the locking mechanism open on one side to keep it from locking in place while you hold on open and slide the crossbar off...... 10-15 min job......

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2000 '** and I don't even need to remove any screws. Just carefully pop off the plastic end cover on the back end of the rail and slide the cross bars off. Piece o' cake.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo