removing core support fenders etc?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stuntmanray385

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i want to remove the entire front end on my hoe because i want to clean up the engine bay really nice. want to paint the frame wheel weels and fire wall best that i can. anyone done this before and have and pics or tips?

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, I'm getting old..lol He's quoting movie lines from before he was born, but I can remember seeing... Ah well, its all good! Good to see the youngin's enjoying a classic! My wife doesn't know anything about HGTTG....sigh...

ONTOPIC: I personally don't know anyone who has done that. But I would imagine that taking it apart is the easy part. It's the putting it back together that could be difficult. I think I would have a hard time lining up the body parts properly.

But I'll bet that it'll look nice when it's done though!!!

OP
OP
stuntmanray385

stuntmanray385

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, I'm getting old..lol He's quoting movie lines from before he was born, but I can remember seeing... Ah well, its all good! Good to see the youngin's enjoying a classic! My wife doesn't know anything about HGTTG....sigh...

ONTOPIC: I personally don't know anyone who has done that. But I would imagine that taking it apart is the easy part. It's the putting it back together that could be difficult. I think I would have a hard time lining up the body parts properly.

But I'll bet that it'll look nice when it's done though!!!

lol for the record the movie came out the same year i was born 1986. but anyways yea i agree i putting it back together would be a pain. i talked to a buddy of mine today and he said oonce i get the radiator and condenser out its pretty easy.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ha ha... that movie isnt too old, but a classic. Love the garage that guy has.

But not sure how to remove front, when trying to find out on a friends silverado, which is bascially the same i just kept searching google. Finally found a detailed write up on it. If you go look at it and see what bolts are where, you might be able to figure it out, thats what i really ended up doing.

Also, you must really be into detailing the engine bay. Never heard of taking the front off to clean it. Going to be real nice though when done. Post some pics before and after, love to see em.

OP
OP
stuntmanray385

stuntmanray385

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ha ha... that movie isnt too old, but a classic. Love the garage that guy has.

But not sure how to remove front, when trying to find out on a friends silverado, which is bascially the same i just kept searching google. Finally found a detailed write up on it. If you go look at it and see what bolts are where, you might be able to figure it out, thats what i really ended up doing.

Also, you must really be into detailing the engine bay. Never heard of taking the front off to clean it. Going to be real nice though when done. Post some pics before and after, love to see em.

link to this write up? also yea im going to go over everything. im even going to take the exhaust off and repaint the block paint the frame wheel wells. really do a number on it. im thinking i might as well redo all my bushings in the front too.

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

remove the front grill and core supports an fenders. Hood to maybe. You will be able to reach just about anyplace you want.

yea thats what i want to do..looks pretty straight forward but theres always that one thing...i guess ill just have at it next weekend

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
I am thinking the one thing for you is to make sure you don't get body parts stolen while they are off and maybe don't let your engine exposed so much for the same reason.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
link to this write up? also yea im going to go over everything. im even going to take the exhaust off and repaint the block paint the frame wheel wells. really do a number on it. im thinking i might as well redo all my bushings in the front too.

Well what i found is for my model, a nbs 05 tahoe. probly different, but here is what i did save, i cant find the one i had that had some pictures and stuff with it. Changed computers since then, may not of got saved or something. I'll look when i get the chance,

but here is the one i do have.. http://autobodystore.com/forum/showthread.php?17401-Replacing-01-silverado-drivers-side-fender&p=126165

OP
OP
stuntmanray385

stuntmanray385

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am thinking the one thing for you is to make sure you don't get body parts stolen while they are off and maybe don't let your engine exposed so much for the same reason.

yea that would suck..i think i might throw some 09 escalade fender vents in the fenders while i have it off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blokroknbeats