Remote entry

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdunn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all, I have a 2003 Tahoe and on my build sheet it says Remote entry, I was not given a remote or was anything said about a remote. Is there a way to check and see if I have it b fore buying a new remote?

shreksbrother

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your build sheet says it has remote entry, then you have remote entry.

The remotes are super cheap on eBay/Amazon and program very easily. One thing I will mention, however, is that you may need to hold the buttons down for up to a minute or two when programming. I did not do this at first and thought my system was bad. After finding a mention of holding the buttons down for up to a minute or two, it all worked perfectly.

Good luck!

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Also, you have to make sure you get the proper remote. There's FCC numbers on the back of each remote, so you need to check those. I'm not sure how to know which one you need tho.

jaywoo65

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, eBay or Amazon. Just search for 2003 Tahoe keyless entry remote. A bunch will pop up.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I initially took mine to a locksmith when I found out I had remote entry and they charged about $90 for a single remote. Then later I found out I could get some on EBay for super cheap.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I initially took mine to a locksmith when I found out I had remote entry and they charged about $90 for a single remote. Then later I found out I could get some on EBay for super cheap.
I'm really curious. How can you find out what FCC numbers you need if you don't have any original remotes to refer back to?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia