2022 PPV No Remote Start - Dealer says it's not possible

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wmfd819

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just bought a 22 PPV with 29k miles. It does not have remote start. Love the truck, but I want remote start. I go to my local dealer they type a few keystrokes and say "I just don't see PPV's with remote start as an option" - we have 110 PPV's at my workplace with remote start, so I'm calling BS. Does anyone know more about this?

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ask your workplace where they got the remote start installed at and go there to get it done?

OP
OP
W

wmfd819

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
the other tahoes were ordered factory with remote start. its about a 450 dollar option. i dont want an aftermarket remote start. wont work with onstar, etc.

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if youll be able to add factory remote start. These rigs software is pretty locked down so making hardware changes even oem upgrades are difficult if not impossible to get done. Someone tried to go to a larger center screen on an ls, and had no luck. I mean you could try to see if a dealer could get parts to do this, but the software code likley would not allow it to work. Good luck and sorry i dont have more answers.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 22 PPV with 29k miles. It does not have remote start. Love the truck, but I want remote start. I go to my local dealer they type a few keystrokes and say "I just don't see PPV's with remote start as an option" - we have 110 PPV's at my workplace with remote start, so I'm calling BS. Does anyone know more about this?
This has been pretty much the case for after the fact upgrade since the GMT900 trucks. It SHOULD be just a mouse click away, but the software is inhibited.

scotflyer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Contact a PPV vehicle upfitter. They know the hardware and the software architecture.

Dropfire93x

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It’s possible. Please ask the dealer to research GM Upfitter Integration Bulletin #178c. It covers adding remote start to 2021+ Tahoe PPVs and SSVs.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar