Remote entry???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scooter78

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi new to the forum and new Tahoe owner. I recently bought a 96 Hoe 4x4, it did not come with a remote entry key fob, it has all of the bells and whistles but not a remote, i'm wondering if it may be equipped for this but the remote was broken or lost over the years? Is there any way to find out if it is equipped so I can get a remote to program to it? Any help is greatly appreciated.

96 HOE.jpg

bsamoul

Hoe Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 96 has the feature, so yours probably does too. Mine's an LT. You can find fobs on eBay. And programming them is super easy.

OP
OP
S

scooter78

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yeah mine has all power everything, so i'm thinking it's kind of odd that it wouldn't have had the keyless entry. How do I know which fob i'd need? is it a certain model, i'm thinking it's probably different from the one my wife has on her 04 Yukon xl. What are the steps to program one?

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
Take a wire and connect pins 4 and 8 on the OBD2 connector. If the locks cycle after a few seconds then you have keyless entry.

IIRC the first year for keyless was 1995. The programming procedure is different for the '95s though.

Installing an aftermarket keyless isn't that hard if you don't have factory keyless.

blue99tahoe24

bout that tahoe life
Reaction score
Welcome Ebay has them for cheap clean tahoe by the way any plans for it?

foot to the floor

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnybalo