Relocate the rear seat audio controls (Bose)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ticketmagnet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anybody ever move the rear seat heat/radio controls? I was looking into putting a center flip/jump seat in place of the factory console. Is there any chance the flip seat can be modified to accept this unit? How deep is it? Anybody make a shroud or something to put it on the ceiling next to the DVD player?

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anything can be done with enough coin or skills. but it's def not a plug and play thing

OP
OP
T

ticketmagnet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was thinking of something like the ceiling mount heat controls in the back seat of a venture/montana. If a shroud like that could be found in the right color, the front opening could be modified to fit the control unit. If somebody knows the dimension of that unit it would be helpful.

For wiring I would just splice in and extend the factory harness.

My other idea was to cut just the back of the factory console and mount it at the back of the flip seat, with new mounts bolting it in to the seat mounts or factory console mounts. That could allow the controls and cup holders to stay if there's just some way to tie it in cleanly. I don't want it to extend back much as I may also want to swap out the 2nd row captain's chairs for a bench at some point.

If there's room to mount something in the back of the flip seat base, it would probably have to be just the controls OR the cup holders. And that may be too low for back seat passengers to comfortably reach the controls.

I do have a flip seat for a 2007+ and can probably make some determinations from that.

OP
OP
T

ticketmagnet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I've read that the Bose system in '04-'06 puts the subwoofer in the center console. If this is true, that's an important detail for this thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomase1269