Reliability 2010 vs. 2007?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HOE-N-IT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been following this forum as well as gm-trucks.com for many years and I don't recall seeing but a very few posts where anybody had issues with the 6 speed since it has been out except complaints about the stock calibrations (tune). I have seen MANY issues with the 4 speed.

raress9596

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been following this forum as well as gm-trucks.com for many years and I don't recall seeing but a very few posts where anybody had issues with the 6 speed since it has been out except complaints about the stock calibrations (tune). I have seen MANY issues with the 4 speed.

Back in 2010 when I bought my new Tahoe LT I thought that there was no way this transmission would ever hold up the way it was shifting. I also figured the way it was shifting this truck would never last. I contemplated doing a tune but didn't want to get involved with dealer issues should I need warranty work. Yes I know there are ways to deal with that, but been there done that didn't want the hassles. Junior now has it with 100k plus miles and the truck is just broken in and still awesome. No issues whatsoever! I believe the only repair that the dealer did was to replace the throttle body. Basically all I ever did to this truck was oil changes and thats it!
My 2013 LTZ with towing package and bigger gears shifts almost the same way. Hoping to get 100,000 problem free miles out of this one too. I break 'em in and Junior gets 'em.

Sheriff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
.... the only repair that the dealer did was to replace the throttle body.

I had to replace my throttle body too...... at my expense. Warranty would not cover it because the shop said it was not a common problem and not known to be what was causing my throttle to hang open. Total runaround by the dealership. Cost them money in the long run, the next purchase of a Z71 Suburban (see below) did NOT come from them! I will NEVER buy anything else from this dealership. Simply because they wouldn't replace a $100 (GM's cost most likely) throttle body.

ps - when the dealership cleaned and adjusted the Tahoe Z71 throttle body, it still hung up afterwards. After I paid to replace it out of my own pocket($350), havent had a single problem since. 19 year old daughter driving it often, no place for a throttle body to hang open. Unless I wanted her dead and sue the pants off GM, an uphill and a very long battle obviously.

Last edited:

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an 08 tahoe with 30k miles and had no issues. I currently have an 07 escalade 60k miles and 07 avalanche 90k miles both no major issues. The one issue I had with the escalade was the AC compressor which went out and I had replaced under warranty. These trucks are built great. I hear a lot of people say they have a lot of issues with the 07's but I've yet to experience any of the ones frequently mentioned. If you maintain your car and take care of it I'm pretty sure you'll do fine.

blkonblk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 08 48k now bought it w 30k and had no issues whatsoever. I feel like if you just pay a little attention to these trucks they will last forever

zrxoa1

Reaction score
I bought my 07 Yukon XL used in 2010. I have had nothing but trouble with it. I hate it, wish I could get rid of it. It has had more problems than I care to type out here. My opinion is to stay away from the 07s....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my 07 Yukon XL used in 2010. I have had nothing but trouble with it. I hate it, wish I could get rid of it. It has had more problems than I care to type out here. My opinion is to stay away from the 07s....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Hello,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your vehicle. I am interested to hear more about it. Could you please private message me the details?

Safe travels,

GM Customer Care

undy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your vehicle. I am interested to hear more about it. Could you please private message me the details?

Safe travels,

GM Customer Care

A bit off topic, sorry...

Just curious... Why did you guys 'n gals stop showing up over on the Corvette Forum, C6 Z06 section??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghostknight

Latest posts