Recommended tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SLE2013

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For all season, I went with Cooper Discoverer HT Plus.

However, after 60K miles on the HT Plus, I upgraded to Cooper Discoverer AT3.

OP
OP
J

JTsYUKON

Reaction score
For all season, I went with Cooper Discoverer HT Plus.

However, after 60K miles on the HT Plus, I upgraded to Cooper Discoverer AT3.
Cooper definitely makes good tires, as does Michelin! Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll definitely check out

1992rs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the short time I had them, I thoroughly enjoyed my Goodyear Assurance CS Tripletred's. They're all season, handled great rain or dry for 17's and did good in the little amount of snow I drove with them. They seemed to ride nice from what I can remember, cant vouch for road noise though as I never payed attention to that or really cared. They dont have a very high load rating (2561lbs) but they are T-rated for speed and I figured I would drive closer to 118 more than I would tow heavily, so I was willing to accept that sacrifice.

Idk how many miles I drove on them (probably 12-15K?) but my dad has my old Denali 17's with those tires on them since I got 20's and they still look like new on his Yukon, as I would expect with a 700+ UTQG rating.

Plus, the tread looks sporty and as much as I dont want to admit it, thats a deal breaker for me lol

TahoYukon Forum

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
-Michelin Defender LTX
+2

Love my defenders so far, recommended by my shop guy as that's all he runs. My last set was destination LE2 and only got 32k out of 60k rated.
Supposed to get 70k+ on michy's... So we'll see.
Very smooth and quiet, haven't had snow yet, but am hoping to soon.
Good luck and don't cheap out on shoes or brakes friend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrRuiz