Rebadging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RydnDrty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I am thinking about rebadging the Tahoe and plasti-dipping the badges...does anyone know where I can get new badges for a decent price? Just the ones that say TAHOE...

OP
OP
RydnDrty

RydnDrty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Serge...

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

I actually think I may still have my badges...how would I go about sticking them back on? Also, how do i get the positioning and spacing correct?

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Serge...

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

I actually think I may still have my badges...how would I go about sticking them back on? Also, how do i get the positioning and spacing correct?

Well, first thing you want to do is completely clean the back of them of any previous tape residue and the like before you put new 3M tape on them. Both the cleaning and 3M taping are easier said than done because the nameplates come with some type of foam filler for the cavities. Honestly I'm not sure how to get that back on so that the back of the letters is filled with the foam and then flush with the 3M tape. That's why the few times I rebadged something I always bought a new nameplate so i can just peel the tape and stick it on. Maybe someone else here has a better way.

As far as lining them up ... you basically need a few measurements from another truck like yours with its nameplates on.

Is this for the liftgate, doors, or both?

OP
OP
RydnDrty

RydnDrty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I do it, it would be for the liftgate and doors....not 100% if I am gonna go for it or not...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
autom8ted