Lift gate applique panel Type 1 or Type 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tym2clm

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, new to forum. I have to replace the lift gate applique panel on my '22 Tahoe. All the online parts websites indicate there are two choices based on my VIN. The two part numbers available say one is for a Type 1 Tahoe/Suburban and the other says it's for a Type 2 Tahoe. There is about a $100 price difference between the two as well. Does anyone know what the difference between a Type 1 and Type 2 Tahoe is when it comes to this liftgate panel?
Thanks in advance.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

Reaction score
Do you have the old panel still? Take it off and check what part number it has or post up a picture of your panel.

OP
OP
Tym2clm

Tym2clm

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Or, navigate to one of the online parts catalogs and put your VIN in and see what it specifies for your exact vehicle.
Yes, thank you. Did that. Two options available hence the reason for this post. These two part numbers come up when I enter my VIN. Just wondering what the difference might be between the to part numbers. One member suggested taking the old one off to get the number. Was trying to assemble parts list before taking things apart if I can.

1705433863041.png

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, thank you. Did that. Two options available hence the reason for this post. These two part numbers come up when I enter my VIN. Just wondering what the difference might be between the to part numbers. One member suggested taking the old one off to get the number. Was trying to assemble parts list before taking things apart if I can.

View attachment 419047
Post#2 shows what type 2 looks like in link.

OP
OP
Tym2clm

Tym2clm

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply's everyone. They both look the same in thumb nails on parts websites and pictures of both part numbers on Ebay. Just wondering if anyone knew what the differences where between the two without having to disassemble the lift gate. I guess my next step is go visit the dealer and see what they come up with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork