Rear trailing arm snapped on my two week old Yukon Denali. Pics and story

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattluttrell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2 cents: Some of this stuff is unpredictable. Stamped control arms like that break really easily in 4x4s on the trail. That's also a place where your torque would have twisted it. I can see how a defective part failed in that manner in a normal stop and go situation.

Of course I have the same part on my 400HP+ Escalade and it gets floor boarded every time I drive it. Nothing ever breaks.

I feel like there would be other evidence if she nailed something. No one has shared that evidence.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

TxTooTall

Reaction score
Wife was making a right turn . . . .

So weird.. What do you guys think could be the cause of this??

View attachment 66206

On the axle tube itself. It looks like someone had a hook on the tube in 2 places and was pulling backwards at one time. It's almost as if someone was pulled out in reverse at the beach or a mud hole, or worse . . . off of the repo truck.

Did you buy this truck new?
Did it make really aggressive right hand turns before, or pull to the right?

I'm willing to bet that the front of that same arm is elong gated too . . .

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Smart man, especially when it comes to the idea about larger tires. ;)
Meh I'd go with 24"s. And leveling kits ALWAYS make the vehicle look like the front is higher then the rear which looks incredibly stupid.

Any update from the op?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

massivespl

I'm not mean, I'm honest.
Reaction score
Meh I'd go with 24"s. And leveling kits ALWAYS make the vehicle look like the front is higher then the rear which looks incredibly stupid.

Any update from the op?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that's false... only time the front is higher is if you don't adjust it right and you make it that way... anyone who knows what their doing can make a vehicle sit level.

smccollamjr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'll agree with massive. I put a leveling kit (which was just a spacer) on my 2012 'burb and it leveled it. I don't like the nose high look either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia