Rear tailgate applique

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

randuff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I pulled a noob move and didnt research the forum enough before I tried to remove the rear bowtie and low and behold I found the 2 guide pin holes for the emblem and managed to chip the paint somehow....

Good news is I work at a Chevy dealer so I am getting the applique, running boards and complete front Z71 bumper (the silver and grey portions) painted for about $300.

And FYI my body shop manager explained how to remove the rear applique without damaging it and it involves heating the area where the nuts are locked down because they are glued in apparently.

While the body paint is being done I am going to plasti-dip the grill so in a few days I should have a completely blacked out Tahoe!

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're getting the running boards painted, too? I'd be interested to know how that holds up over time. Sounds "iffy." It'll look great, though. Good luck.

OP
OP
randuff

randuff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I was concerned about the chipping as well but gonna try it out anyways.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GinoTahoe