Rear suspension breaking apart.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t3amcha0s

Reaction score
So I decided to replace my leaf spring bushings and let me tell ya that was a blessing and a curse!! Well first off my leaf spring u bolts were barely even a third of its original thickness. So broke the first one in the first turn of the breaker bar. So now I will be cutting the other 3 off in the morning and replacing them after I get the new bushings in. To get the leaf springs out I could not remove the front two so I will be cutting them and replacing all 6 of them. Now the bad news....it will be below freezing in the morning with a chance of snow! Fun times indeed. Hope to not be frozen still while working, lol.

OP
OP
t3amcha0s

t3amcha0s

Reaction score
Yes I was using it and a sawzall but the damn snow and cold in the 20's kept me from getting it done today. Depending on how 2/28 looks I will try again. Going to be replacing the rear sway bar bushings in a couple weeks and make sure the rear is all set. Then of course I will be replacing the front suspension bushings and components that need it. Also almost cut off my middle finger on my left hand a little tape and super glue and its still attached ;)

OP
OP
t3amcha0s

t3amcha0s

Reaction score
Cut off wheel with a 9 inch disc worked great. Got them out this morning before I had to come into work. Getting the old bushings out and cleaning up all the components looking for cracks or breaks. Should be able to paint it in the morning and have it back together Friday. Great thing about having multiple vehicles I guess, lol. Only thing that isn't straight forward is the front two bolts have to drop the exhaust and gas tank I assume to get them back in.

OP
OP
t3amcha0s

t3amcha0s

Reaction score
Well got the leaf springs back in and got new bolts for them as well cause they were deteriorating. New U bolts on and shocks hooked back up. Got to look for another rear end cause the rust is bad on mine and looks like everything else i touched. More money spent means less chance of breaking later i guess!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dzg9