Rear Storage Drawers finally finished.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryangt

double team supreme
Reaction score
I just made a set of rear storage drawers for my yukon. Check em out. Good for keeping all my camping crap from bouncing around the back in the rough stuff.

IMG_2963.jpg

IMG_2966.jpg

IMG_2965.jpg

IMG_2967.jpg

oak510_tahoe

Urban Assault
Reaction score
looks good, probably a lot cheaper than the units they sell for police vehicles. What rear bumper guard is that?

OP
OP
ryangt

ryangt

double team supreme
Reaction score
solid work, looks good

Thanks, i appreciate it.

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

looks good, probably a lot cheaper than the units they sell for police vehicles. What rear bumper guard is that?

I beleive it was a WAAG guard. Its fairly decent quality, tho if i had it my way, i would be doing a solid steel rear bumper with tire carrier. Its good enough to take the abuse of parking lots. It also give about 3 inches of extra foot support when using the bumper as a standing platform.

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

Very nice work. Looks like a good place to stash some ammo and a few assault rifles.

-B

Thats the main reason why i built it. I have a partition that i built that will hold 4 m1 garands, 2 m1 carbines, 1 m-14 socom, and about 4 AR-15s. All with room for ammo and camping gear to spare.

Boomer73

Boom Boom
Reaction score
Thats the main reason why i built it. I have a partition that i built that will hold 4 m1 garands, 2 m1 carbines, 1 m-14 socom, and about 4 AR-15s. All with room for ammo and camping gear to spare.

Mmmm...M14 SOCOM. Sweet. I think I need to join your militia.

-B

jerseyjonny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks awsome dude ive been toying with the thought of building a setup like that.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
very nice dude! you have any build plans or pics your willing to share?

OP
OP
ryangt

ryangt

double team supreme
Reaction score
very nice dude! you have any build plans or pics your willing to share?

Sure, i have plans and so forth. I didnt take a ton of pics, but if you like i can put up pics of some of the finer details. All in all, its a simple build, and our trucks have tie down points in the back that can be used to bolt the drawers to the floor without having to do any type of drilling.

I highly reccomend the setup, either single drawer or dual drawer, i only went with a single drawer because you keep more useable storage space that way.

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

looks awsome dude ive been toying with the thought of building a setup like that.

you wont regret it, its nice to have a place for everything, and everything in its place. If my truck was lifted with a 6 inch kit and mudders tho, i imagine it would be difficult to get into the drawer without a small step ladder (im 6 ft). You could always intigrate the ladder in some way to the bottom of the drawer itself, or just store it in the drawer.

Almost all of the hardware was purchased on Amazon, they have good prices and fast shipping. Timber, i would have loved to have a home depot for this, but in the aussie outback wood is more valuable than gold it seems. 3 sheets of construction grade Plywood was 300 bucks. Im sure its cheaper at home depot. Carpet usually runs about 15-20 bucks a yard for the good marine grade stuff, its water resistant and wont mold or rot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkHearse

Latest posts