Rear Storage Drawers finally finished.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
Sure, i have plans and so forth. I didnt take a ton of pics, but if you like i can put up pics of some of the finer details. All in all, its a simple build, and our trucks have tie down points in the back that can be used to bolt the drawers to the floor without having to do any type of drilling.

I highly reccomend the setup, either single drawer or dual drawer, i only went with a single drawer because you keep more useable storage space that way.

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

you wont regret it, its nice to have a place for everything, and everything in its place. If my truck was lifted with a 6 inch kit and mudders tho, i imagine it would be difficult to get into the drawer without a small step ladder (im 6 ft). You could always intigrate the ladder in some way to the bottom of the drawer itself, or just store it in the drawer.

Almost all of the hardware was purchased on Amazon, they have good prices and fast shipping. Timber, i would have loved to have a home depot for this, but in the aussie outback wood is more valuable than gold it seems. 3 sheets of construction grade Plywood was 300 bucks. Im sure its cheaper at home depot. Carpet usually runs about 15-20 bucks a yard for the good marine grade stuff, its water resistant and wont mold or rot.

At home depot it is about: $30-40 a sheet of Plywood.

So..$90 and you pay a $210 premium over USA Home Depot

Hickory

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone made one of these recently? What length and weight slides and what type of locking handle did you use?

02 Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What wheels are those, I'm just getting ready to spec a 2011 Tahoe and I like those wheels...?

2007-2008 GMC Yukon

Size: 17" x 7.5", 6 Lug, 5.5" Bolt Pattern
Finish: Brushed Aluminum
Description: Used 6 Spoke OEM Alloy Wheels

But they are painted black, did a bit of searching cause i like them as well.

Attachments

• gmc-yukon-wheels-5222.jpg
    gmc-yukon-wheels-5222.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 91

norsebill

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone have the plans for this thing. It is a great set up and I would love to make one for my tahoe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy