Rear speakers low

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tyrone27

Reaction score
I just installed a new radio because the old one wasn't working. The front speakers 6.5 works fine the rear 6.5 are super low in sound. The rear deck 4x10 are blown haven't replaced those yet. But I wanted to know if anyone has had this problem too?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
typically in a six speaker system the fronts and roof are powered by the stock radio. In addition the feeds to the roof branch off as speaker level inputs to an amp under the driver seat and that amp powers the rear doors. Try looking for the amp trigger wire(pink) in the radio harness in the radio hole and attach to the amp trigger of your new radio. that pink wire triggers that external amp relay. See if that will floats your valve springs. Beware that the output levels of new radio might not match that of the old external amp.

OP
OP
T

tyrone27

Reaction score
Yeah hooked everything up and still no sound. So I'm guessing the amp is shot in the rear.

OP
OP
T

tyrone27

Reaction score
Yup and it's not blown

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

And I'm getting power at the fuse and at the amp

OP
OP
T

tyrone27

Reaction score
Speakers are brand new. I'm going to have to get a wiring diagram tomorrow and maybe run speaker wiring from the rear doors and rear hatch to the head unit and just bypass the amp.

OP
OP
T

tyrone27

Reaction score
Fixed. Had to run new speaker wiring

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member