Rear Seat Latch Assembly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

msandli

Reaction score
Bump for the youngest thread I can find on the subject. I have a very similar situation as wh134802. I have a 2001 Tahoe and both wires that pull the latch when you fold the seat bottoms up are broken. I can still push on the latch with my finger or a screwdriver and get the seat backs to fold down just fine, but that's obviously a less than ideal situation when my hands are full, or when I don't want to get them covered in the lube that I just sprayed everywhere down there.

I see on gmpartsdirect that they should have both wires in stock. My question is this: has anyone ever actually replaced just those wires? If so, can I just pull them through with a tape/the old wire, or does it basically require pulling the seat frames out?

rybern

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would love to have some sort of input about this too. I have an 03 with both cables on the passenger side broken. I can let the seat(back) forward manually, but the head rest won't fold back which won't allow the seat to lay forward all of the way. I have pulled on the cable that goes up into the seat and it won't release the head rest.

Surely someone out there has encountered this before.

msandli

Reaction score
I'm going to try to fix my obs with a bicycle brake cable, perhaps that might work for you as well?

let me know how that works. I would assume the cable itself will be fine, but I don't know about the cable ends. I think the end on the hinge side is some sort of typical ferrule, but the end on the seat side is some kind of hook, and mine are bent and broken. Would be nice to know if this can be fixed with "standard" hardware, rather than a gm specialty part.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dotwell69

Latest posts