Rear Seat Latch Assembly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

neloms

Reaction score
A piece of the latch assembly that holds my back seats in broke off. Of course you can't replace the latch piece, you have to buy the entire assembly. The stealership wants $140. Anybody know of a better place to find it? Here's the part #:12478359

Volant1

Volant guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this for the 60/40 bench? The 40 or smaller passanger side cable clip broke on mine, I just pull up the cable to unlock the seat now, works like a charm

OP
OP
neloms

neloms

Reaction score
Is this for the 60/40 bench? The 40 or smaller passanger side cable clip broke on mine, I just pull up the cable to unlock the seat now, works like a charm

This is a 50/50 bench. It's the rear left latch of the driver side bench. It sucks I can't buy just the part of the latch that broke. Parts websites call it the 'upper upper back'. Sounds weird...

lilsolo68

Full Access Member
Reaction score

same here except when you have to go under the seat several times in a row then it hurts to pull on the cable.

wh134802

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a Solution to the rear seat latch not working

I have a 1997 Tahoe 5.7L 4 Door with the 60/40 rear seating.

The cable which releases the rear seat to drop down broke and the 60 seat would not fold down.

From behind the seat you will see a small opening where the seat meets the floor carpet. Take a flashlight and a flat head screw driver and push on the latch which will release the seat. I used a second driver to wedge the seat up so I could see in there and find the release latch. Then my tool (flat head driver) to push on the release latch.

I tried for about an hour to address the problem from the front looking at the assembly. But then realised I could see the actual latch from the small opening in the back of the Tahoe.

Hope this helps someone out there

-W