Rear Defroster Ripped Off???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, but didn't work for me. I just got this kit: http://www.frostfighter.com/frost-fighter-order-information.htm

And, reinstalled a tab on a 1 month old new piece of back glass the weekend. This kit seems better. I'll try the defroster in a couple days and report if the tab stays on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This kit looks better than the Permatex/Loctite branded kit I've already tried with no success. I'll order one and give it a go. Thanks for the link!

joshcarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i soldered mine back on last week. i was initially concerned that i was going to heat the glass too much, but i didn't have any issues. one week and counting.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
one of my tabs came off the other day i bought the glass in april so there going to solder it at the dealer, once that is done im going to put some of this on it afterwards as a backup, hopefully this will help it hold
upload_2017-12-18_17-15-40.png

ZACHBORIS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
one of my tabs came off the other day i bought the glass in april so there going to solder it at the dealer, once that is done im going to put some of this on it afterwards as a backup, hopefully this will help it hold
View attachment 189009

I have used the permatex twice. The first installation worked for about 9 months and then it popped off again. The second didnt work at all. I think because of the cold weather during installation.

is that epoxy just to hold the tab on after solder? So it wouldnt work without solder?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have used the permatex twice. The first installation worked for about 9 months and then it popped off again. The second didnt work at all. I think because of the cold weather during installation.

is that epoxy just to hold the tab on after solder? So it wouldnt work without solder?
no I bought it to put on afterwards as a additional coating (to keep it in place),not electrically conductive, but it's pretty heavy duty stuff, dry's clear and bonds to glass and is good for up to about 250deg, it was around $34 on amazon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DOC1583