Re-Gear break in Time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OhFourChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen several different ranges of miles, speeds, minutes, etc.
The general consensus seems to be that you've gotta drive 20-30mi then let it cool all the way down 5-10x then drive it nice and easy, no faster than 65mph for 500mi then dump the fluid, check it for any re shim needs, backlash, etc. Then after that you're good to go.

Anyone do anything different?

A few on the LSX forums seem to think the best route is to just rip it and pull outta the shop sideways, lol, I would like to get a little bit more longevity out of my gears than that, so I'll be running a "proper" break in as per the manufacturer.

I'd still like to hear how everyone else broke their gears in.
I'm sure a few people thinking about re-gearing maybe curious about this subject as well!

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do not beat on it right away. My best results are 2 heat cycles, then 500 easy miles then change fluid. My last set in the camaro I drove one heat cycle or so (dead quiet) then went (trailered) to the dragstrip. Lord they are screaming now lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lady112210