Re-circulation Blend Door - where/how/ehh?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer can do it.

You can do the calibration with any j-2534 pass-through tool and a sub to Techline Connect. Not sure what it costs these days but I paid $45 a year ago for a two year sub. Or dealer can for sure.

However, Tech2 or maybe other bidirectional scan tool can initiate a calibration on the actuators and you can check desired counts and actual counts. I realize you said you pulled the fuse but I observed different using Tech2 versus disconnecting battery. Can’t explain it, but that would be my first step if you have that access.

OP
OP
SnowDrifter

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
Dealer can do it.

You can do the calibration with any j-2534 pass-through tool and a sub to Techline Connect. Not sure what it costs these days but I paid $45 a year ago for a two year sub. Or dealer can for sure.

However, Tech2 or maybe other bidirectional scan tool can initiate a calibration on the actuators and you can check desired counts and actual counts. I realize you said you pulled the fuse but I observed different using Tech2 versus disconnecting battery. Can’t explain it, but that would be my first step if you have that access.
Right on

Expect to hear back from dealer tomorrow

Depending on how much they want for it... I'm curious where that information is stored, and if grabbing a replacement unit is feasible. But that would only work if it comes w/ the updated range

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
HMMMM

Wonder which version I have and if the dealer still even has the tools to do this

View attachment 405486

Can be done with a Tech 2 and TIS2000 on a WinXP computer, no fees, if you have access to that setup. When programming my AUTO HVAC control module TIS2000 wanted to know which part number it was, so if you have it out of the dash take a pic for the dealer so the don't have to think about pulling it to check. Not sure if that was related to AUTO or manual control, but there were two updated calibrations -- depending on the control part # -- in TIS2000 for my model year.

OP
OP
SnowDrifter

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can be done with a Tech 2 and TIS2000 on a WinXP computer, no fees, if you have access to that setup. When programming my AUTO HVAC control module TIS2000 wanted to know which part number it was, so if you have it out of the dash take a pic for the dealer so the don't have to think about pulling it to check. Not sure if that was related to AUTO or manual control, but there were two updated calibrations -- depending on the control part # -- in TIS2000 for my model year.
unfortunately I do not

have neither tech 2, nor ..... XP? seriously? That's wild

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
unfortunately I do not

have neither tech 2, nor ..... XP? seriously? That's wild

Have fun with that. It's the historical setup for GM techs; I had this setup until a month or so ago and used it to update some of the calibrations on mine. It's standalone and works just fine for GMT800s. GM stopped issuing new GMT800 calibrations a long time ago.

The Chinacardiags Tech 2s came with the TIS2000 disks. No need to have any subscriptions.

Fjs0001

Reaction score
Hey there. Do you mind sharing what the dealer charged to update your unit? I heard the new Dorman 599211XD control module comes with the update for $200.

I've been fighting issues for over 5 years. I've replaced both drivers and passenger side actuators, but they still have minds of their own. Sometimes they work, but most of the time they like blowing hot air. It's so annoying that I reset the system and then unplug them while they're recalibrating so that they're stuck on cold or hot depending on the season. It's frustrating during the seasonal changes with the outside temperature changing from hot to cold every few days.

OP
OP
SnowDrifter

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey there. Do you mind sharing what the dealer charged to update your unit? I heard the new Dorman 599211XD control module comes with the update for $200.

I've been fighting issues for over 5 years. I've replaced both drivers and passenger side actuators, but they still have minds of their own. Sometimes they work, but most of the time they like blowing hot air. It's so annoying that I reset the system and then unplug them while they're recalibrating so that they're stuck on cold or hot depending on the season. It's frustrating during the seasonal changes with the outside temperature changing from hot to cold every few days.
I just walked over to the back shop and pulled one of the techs aside. Did it on his lunch break. Slipped him 60 bucks for his time because the service writer / booking area wanted like $350 for it.

2006Tahoe2WD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you get a code? I have code B0229. Recirculation position feedback circuit range/performance. Am I looking at replacing the recirculation door actuator?

2006Tahoe2WD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a proper look at the thing

ugh... I don't think there's a way to get at it without pulling the dash

Excuse me while I complain about it for a week before actually doing anything

I'm pretty sure I have the recirculation activator over-travel issue that throws the P0229 code. One explanation is the foam gets compressed overtime and the door moves past the "stop" position too far. Makes sense - two ways to fix it:
1 - get the allowable limit reprogrammed at the dealer
2 - add some additional foam on top of the foam that is there

My Foxwell two way scanner can reset the doors and I've reset using the remove-fuse method. Doesn't help because there are still too many stepper motor counts to "close" the door. I think the range allowable is 5 to 240? Something like that.

Does this make sense?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willabea