Rattles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Roads are still full of potholes where I am (bad winter). I'm noticing that my Yukon is very quiet except the door panels make noise when going over these rough roads. Kinda like a squeaking. I can replicate it by pushing/pulling on the panels. I removed them all and made sure they were in place and no clips were missing. Is there anything I can put on them to shut them up?
Thanks

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can add some deadening to them to help add mass. Also could add a layer of ensolite to help cut down on the vibrations that transfer through to the door panel

OP
OP
Yukongk

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's great advice thanks. I started researching Ensolite, good stuff. I read that it shouldn't be used alone, it should go on top of deadening material but not sure if this is true. Do you have experience with it? If used alone, will it stop the door panel rattles?
Thanks

OP
OP
Yukongk

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually narrowed it down. It's the top portion of the interior door panel. Seems like it doesn't grab on or snap into anything. When my arm is on it, no rattles. I'm going to wedge some foam in there to quiet it.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The top portion where it meets the window? Or lower? Because the very top is supposed to hook into the window groove

OP
OP
Yukongk

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The top portion where it meets the window? Or lower? Because the very top is supposed to hook into the window groove

Yea, the top. It conforms around the window groove, but definitely not hooked in. I can pull on it with my fingers and move it away from the window.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay so then unscrew the few screws in the door panel, lift up on it, and slide it back down while making sure the top hooks in, as well as all of the other hooks too.

OP
OP
Yukongk

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay so then unscrew the few screws in the door panel, lift up on it, and slide it back down while making sure the top hooks in, as well as all of the other hooks too.

Yea. I took each panel off and re seated them. Still rattles at the window channel. I came across this thread, where the guy has the same EXACT issue and same exact door panel. He stuck foam under the part that runs along the window channel. http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php?topic=130562.0
I'm gonna pick up a roll of tape on foam I guess and try. I think it's a design flaw and the combo of my 20's and these crap roads are causing the vibrations to run up the panel.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm. Neither of my NBS trucks have rattled there. Usually after the door panel has come on and off a bunch of times is when that starts happening. But that stick on foam should work fine.

OP
OP
Yukongk

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fixed. There is a black clip in the vicinity of the door handle (above it). All the other clips are white so I never noticed it. It wasn't in place and it's slim (so it didn't cause a bulge despite not being in place). Made sure it was in place and no more rattles.
Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokin Denali

Latest posts