Rattle When Cruising And Give It A Little Gas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Bogart

Reaction score
Is the transmission dipstick recall on the 2013's? If so, I have not had it done.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is also the the same under the right throttle condition. It's kind of hard to tell where it is coming from. I think is sounds like it is from the middle of the vehicle but it doesn't sound like it is from the engine. It sounds like it might be underneath.

I took a couple of friends out over the weekend. I explained what was going on before we left. That vibration happened and the rear passenger said "it feels like its the rear-end" and "I felt it under my butt".
The sound is coming from the center like yours. I'm bringing it by a local gear supply/rear-end shop tomorrow for the to try to diagnose the situation.
Hopefully something positive will come out of this.

Last edited:

doubletapdrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the transmission dipstick recall on the 2013's? If so, I have not had it done.

I think so but I'm not sure, might be up to '12. If you PM me your VIN it'll let me know if it's flagged to be done.

OP
OP
B

Bogart

Reaction score
Update - I had Justin at BB send me my tune with the AFM disabled and I think it fixed all of my problems. The last two days no more rattle when going from V4 to V8, no more bad shifting or horrible drone in and out of V4. Drives like a real vehicle now. Hopefully the mpg's don't take a big hit. Anyone know of any long term problems caused by disabling AFM?

Cha0s13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesnt the deletion of the AFM stop the engine from going into v4 mod completely?

OP
OP
B

Bogart

Reaction score
Yea, that is my understanding. When I watch the instant econ gauge it only stays in V8.

Cha0s13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah my 08 Tahoe had horrible drone when switching to v4 mod, drove me crazy. I traded the 08 for a 2014 in Dec, and so far the switch from v8 to v4 creates no drone at all :)

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took a couple of friends out over the weekend. I explained what was going on before we left. That vibration happened and the rear passenger said "it feels like its the rear-end" and "I felt it under my butt".
The sound is coming from the center like yours. I'm bringing it by a local gear supply/rear-end shop tomorrow for the to try to diagnose the situation.
Hopefully something positive will come out of this.

After getting the rear re-built and having a true trac installed. It still has the same symptoms. Great.
Though it did resolve a lot noise from the rear-end and the clunking is gone. It is tighter and very quiet. Some good came out of it, hah.

I was told my afm was disabled. Is the afm and dod two separate tables that need to be disabled? I was told my dod is, not sure about the afm.
All this technological crap is getting to be riduclous.

badnova

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Engine rattle "chuggle"

My 2012 Denali had the ratttle "chuggle" since day one. I've owned 4 and this is the only one that has it.
I am working with a GM Tech rep. We changed the plugs and coils, had some random clyinder misfires no difference
I believe it is a programing issue

spanish

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a GMC Yukon 1999 with 147000 miles, and a few months ago I notice the "rattle" sound coming from under passenger side I couldn't figure out what was the problem until my engine light came on and I got a P0430 code bad cat or o2 sensor bank 2 , which I can't figure out which is what since I have two cats two pipes four sensors $$$$$

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BenK